I am not a writer. Frustratingly, I don’t have the gift of prose to convey how much joy, love, and happiness I get to witness all the time. Which is why it’s fortunate that I can show – or at least attempt to show – with my photographs, what I am blessed to observe nearly every weekend. I have struggled, in particular however, with writing about Sascha and Mike’s wedding because this event, for me, was especially humbling. Not only are the newlyweds sooo in love with one another (please see their first dance photos for evidence), but the love they have with their family is also just as remarkable. There were so many touching moments that I couldn’t even fit all of the photographic evidence in this blog post and slide show. But, in unsatisfying language, here are some of the moments from Sascha and Mike’s wedding day – in addition to their gorgeous first dance – that stick out in my memory.
– Sascha and Mike’s two daughters tearing up during the ceremony after their parents vowed to love and support them and their brother forever.
– Mike resting his forehead against his crying son, Noah’s, forehead while trying to soothe him during the reception.
– The obvious friendship between sisters: Sascha with her sister, Grace; and between new sisters, Olivia and Kailee. There was a comfort and love in their getting ready room that made me really, really wish I had a sister of my own.
– Grace getting choked up during her toast while talking about how her dad, her husband and her new brother-in-law, Mike, are all amazing fathers.
– Sascha’s dad hugging and dancing all night with his large, happy family including his wife, daughters, stepdaughters, and grandchildren.
I know the newlyweds, recently back from their Tahitian honeymoon (!!), are anxious to see some photos so I will quit my rambling and finally post some of their wedding pictures!
Second Shooter: Wale Ariztos
Venue: 1757 Golf Club in Sterling, Virginia
Florist: Rick’s Flowers
Cake: Connie’s Cake Creations
Band: Sam Hill Entertainment
DJ: Chris Traczyk
Please check out more images in the slideshow below!